SMARTTOUCH HR Human Resource On-Boarding & Imaging
Why HR Automation?
Human Resources is a department with diverse responsibilities and control over sensitive information, while creating and maintaining volumes of information to stay in compliance with ever-changing regulations. In addition to the numerous demands of HR, it also requires a zero tolerance for error.
WorkFlow is a strategic goal and a way of the future for many progressive organizations. It allows an organization to adopt a streamlined approach to human resource automation while establishing accurate and rapid communications among its personnel. This strategic vision goes beyond a paperless environment by automating business policies and procedures. This business automation ensures that the time-intensive effort that went into establishing policies and procedures achieves an effective operational outcome. WorkFlows incorporate this intelligence into the staff’s daily activities and automate both routine and infrequent tasks, and easily automate labor intensive research, tedious document collation, benefits calculations, and approval routings and escalations.
The investment in a WorkFlow software solution blends the efficiency and speed of HR automation with corporate policies and procedures to yield a more productive environment, and enables personnel to focus on higher-level operational and strategic responsibilities.
Human Resources automation will:
- Improve security and automate controls
- Maintain an audit log of activities
- Store documents electronically with the added benefits of password security
- Create an employee on-line self-service environment to access individual information
- Increase productivity while reducing errors
- Maintain one point of update to implement policy and procedural changes
What can I Automate?
Examples of HR processes that can be automated to realize valuable benefits are:
- Maintain electronic forms, route, acquire, track, and escalate approvals
- Secure or selectively secure E-Mail activity
- Provide an on-line form for employees to request benefits changes or inquire on the related costs
- Automate I9 reminders
- Distribute a company-wide training video via the Web-browser, with a follow-up questionnaire
- Store resumes for the required retention period with unlimited index and search capabilities
- Generate an entire new hire packet from an on-line form (e.g., confidentiality agreement, benefits disclosure, employee manual, etc.)
- Manage required SOP departmental training
- Automate notifications of employee reviews and manage the process on-line
Critical Post-Implementation Considerations
Typically, the main focus during a new system evaluation are the requirements. When in reality, the majority of time is spent interacting with a system during the years of ownership. After a system is implemented, ease-of-use and administration is critical, otherwise, many of the time-savings benefits are lost by shifting the burden to the system support personnel. Equally important is the ability to adapt to the company’s growth, changes, and unforeseen events. The extensive and comprehensive functionality of Ascend Software’s Advanced Workflow solution automates enterprise-wide policies and procedures through a user-friendly graphical interface, easily facilitating changes and growth with less effort.
Below is an example of an automated employee New Hire process. The employee information is entered into a consolidated screen. The information is routed for additional input from departments such as Payroll, and Accounting. The new employee can review and correct information on-line (e.g., address, social security number, etc.). If corrections are made, the appropriate departments are notified. The time-consuming task of assembling a New Hire packet is transformed. Documents are populated and bar-coded with employee information. Documents requiring a signature can be automatically imaged and indexed, plus the employee can complete benefits information on-line. The new employee record is loaded into the HR system and all documents are electronically stored in the document management system. The WorkFlow embedded rules ensure company policies are adhered to.